Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Getting Down to Business – Part 2 Personal Improvement

Two of my personal improvement goals are going to be a bit rough for me.

Personal Improvement
4. become a better housekeeper
5. cook at least 3 times a week

Anyone who really knows me, knows that I’ve never been a very domesticated person.  I don’t like cooking and cleaning at all!  Plus, I have a hard time carving out the time to cook and clean and still have time to maintain my life sanity.

Everything has become increasingly more difficult with the birth of my babies.  My daily early rise no later than 7:00 am; knowing that for work, I should really be up by 5:30/6:00 am.  While my work days end by 5:00/5:30 pm, then starts the Mommy Clock.  I often feel like I need more time in my days.  When I’m not at work, I’m tired.  When I’m at home with the little one’s all day, I find it tough to accomplish anything with them around.  It’s only during their nap times that I can do anything.

So, with all that, it’s tricky to maneuver and get this home making and cooking thing down.  I have tried my had at homemade freezer meals.  I really like that, I just have to have weekend time to get at least 7 meals done so we can eat throughout the week as well as get a food stock up.

Now, when it comes to the cleaning.  It’s all about the time and pushing myself to do it.  I am so heavily overwhelmed with the long list of tasks to complete:  laundry for 4, changing beds, vacuuming, the living room, the kitchen, organizing, the list seems to go on and on!


Personal Improvement
9. read 120 books (at least 12 books per year)

Oddly enough, this goal is probably going to help in many other areas.  I can read books just for fun as well as to get more insight and help with other areas of life.  My first book, (audio book) is actually a book on improving your marriage.  So, hopefully that will be some points and tips to help improve my marriage.

I struck a goal gold mine!!!  Audio Books from the public library!  I can check out digital copies of books right from my phone, tablet and/or computer!  How awesome!

I have two audio books checked out:
  • Making Marriage Simple:  Ten Truths for Changing the Relationship You Have into the One You Want bHarville Hendrix & Helen LaKelly Hunt
  • Effective Writing for Business, College, and Life bWilliam Stanek

My second book, was actually an accident, but I think will be useful.  I’m writing all of the time at work, creating training materials, I’m writing more on my blog, and I’m even trying to do more other types of writing.  I miss doing the short stories and poetry, but I know I need more practice.  I need to keep my grammar, punctuation, and writing style in check.  Once I get a bit more courage, I’ll post some of my personal writing for other’s to check out…


I may have gotten started, but I still have a lot of work ahead of me!  But, I’m hoping with sharing with the world what’s going on, I can get it all done.  I may be 4 ½ years behind, but I’m trying to make up for lost time.

No comments:

Post a Comment