Thursday, June 4, 2015

Life Distractions

I look back at the mere two posts that I published to this blog and realize that for some reason I became distracted.  I didn't complete something that I started. Not really a shocker to me...

Over the course of my 34 years on this Earth there are many things that I have abandoned because of lost of interest or difficulty setting in. I'm trying to change that in my life.

On the flip side, in relation to this blog, I do see some areas where I made progress. So I won't bet myself up for not getting started on more than half of the list.

So... what have I really accomplished in the 4 years I've lived in my Triumphant Thirties?

Spiritual Improvement
2. join, attend, and become active in church, consistently - I've only joined

Personal Improvement
Nothing

Family
10. get married
11. have children (3) - I have 4 children. 2 by birth and 2 by marriage
15. reach out and attempt to establish a relationship with my paternal relatives - I reached out.

Finances
20. start retirement savings - Got this going

Education
Not a thing...

Career
Nada

Community Involvement
Zero Completed

*This is not looking very good so far...*

Travel & Travel Related
36. travel to 30 interesting places within the state of Texas (or current state of residence) - I've only been to Austin

Misc.
43. start a blog to document my journey of completing this list - I started it but did nothing at all with it.

So I guess I'd better break out the whip. Out of 50 things I'm only done 7, and 5 of them weren't even completed.  Mathematically, I've only touched less that a quarter of my goals and I'm just about half way through my time frame for completion.

Can I really blame my lack of focus on the distractions of life?  No, I don't think so!  It's a total void of concentration.  Looking back, I've done absolutely nothing with my life.  Clearly, I do not have my priorities in order.  Now, since I have gotten married and have children, I do need to go about meeting my goals with a strategic plan.

Life has gotten a bit tough.  My priority of completing Spiritual Improvement Goals needs to be my main concern.  Even if drawing closer to God doesn't make the issues go away, I will definitely be better equipped to handled the dramas of life.

So.... Here I go. Now working on Goals 1, 2 and 3!

Spiritual Improvement
1. read the entire bible
2. join, attend, and become active in church, consistently
3. have a consistent personal bible study and prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment